Summer 2021 Parent and Camper Survey Results
We ask every camper and parent to evaluate the Berky experience. The responses tell us what we’re doing well and what needs to be improved. Campers and parents shared many positive things, which are outlined below. In early 2022, we will share our improvement plans which respond to the 2021 feedback.
2021 Summer in Review
Parent Reviews of Residential Soccer Camps
Parents love Berky
- 99% said they were very satisfied (83%) or satisfied (17%).
- 87% said their daughter grew socially.
- 95% thought that Berky was a good investment for their daughter.
Overall Camper Reviews of Overnight Soccer Camp
Here’s what campers said about Berky:
- 96% of athletes said their soccer skills improved at BSA.
- 95% of athletes said their counselors were great or very good.
- 94% of campers said they felt safe at camp.
- 92% of bridge campers said they would attend a bridge next summer.
- 91% of athletes said their camp experience was great or very good.
- 89% of campers said the food was great or very good.
Varsity & Invitational Sessions (Campers Aged 13+)
The Varsity session prepared players for tryouts and the fall season. The Invitational Session is for competitive players grades 7-12. Both sessions cater to older players. Here’s what Varsity and Invitational athletes said:
Varsity Campers Said
- 83% said they gained confidence.
- 79% said they felt better prepared for tryouts.
Varsity & Invitational Campers Said
- 94% were placed in a training group well suited to their ability.
- 87% said the skill of other athletes was as expected, better, or much better than expected.
Younger Campers (Aged 12 and below)
Younger Campers said they Improved, Love Berky & Came Home More Confident
- 97% said their soccer improved.*
- 93% said that camp was great or very good.
- 86% of parents of younger campers said their daughter gained confidence.
Parent Quotes From Summer 2021
Highlights From Each Week of Camp
Check out the highlight videos from each session to relive the action and read our summer highlights blog post, recapping the most memorable moments of the summer.
How Does 2021 Survey Data Compare to Years Past?
Although the questions we ask change slightly, a few key questions are constant.
- Did my daughter improve her soccer?
- Did she have fun and meet new friends?
- Was attending soccer camp worth the investment?
This year the answer to these questions was overwhelmingly “Yes.” These results have been consistent year to year. Review our 2019 survey analysis and 2018 feedback.
News and Reviews of Camp
Want to learn more about our past survey results? Our News and Reviews page tracks our coverage in the media as well as what people are saying about the Berky experience on social media.